A tactical knife is a tool with one or more military features. It is designed to be used under extreme conditions. The conditions include combats and fights.
What makes a tactical knife?
* The design – The design is based on the tasks in mind for a tactical knife.
* The purpose of the Knife – Tactical knives are not to be used in parties and family get together. They mean serious business.
* Ergonomics – It must be comfortable and easy to use. Any knife that could injure the user than the opponent is not what one would prefer. The ergonomics must be perfect. Best pocket knives 2016/2017 the handle of the knife should be convenient to hold.
* Size – They are not butchering knives. The ultimate tactical knife must be easy to carry. They are also used by undercover cops and hence must be compact in nature.
Also known as a jackknife or jack-knife, pocket knives are very versatile in nature. They can be used for any purpose ranging from opening a cover to self-defence. It has a simple hinge at one end and could have more than one blade at the other.
Benefits of carrying a pocket knife
Camping – It is one of the most vital tools to carry on a trekking and camping trip. It can be used for anything, shaving and cooking included. On the off chance of an attack by a wild bear, the knife can be used as a tool of self defense.
First aid – It can be used to cut open medicine bottles and cut bandages. When you are outdoors, there is no reason why it should not be carried.
Fishing – The knife is used during the process of catching the fish and after, while cooking.
Pocket knives come in various shapes and sizes. There are
* Single blade pocket knives
* 2 blade pocket knives
* 3+ blade pocket knives
* Swiss army knives
* Survival knives
It is an iconic tool to carry when you are going far away from home. There’s no reason why you should not have one at all times. It is one of the most functional equipment in this day and age. Take a look at the best pocket knives available before making your choice.
Custom knives might be quite popular today, but they were an innovative luxury when the concept first came up in 1988. Gayle Bradley produced homemade folders and fixed blades. He was known for his exceptional knife making skills for hard use. These knives are not for the
delicate and the dainty. They are powerfully strong and study knives for those who mean business.
The Bench Made 710 McHenry & Williams is a 3.90″ Satin D2 Plain Blade. It has G10 Handles – 710D2 which enhance the convenience with which the user applies the tool. This simple looking and efficiently cutting knife is a result of a lot of hard work and perseverance. The springs are lightly stressed. Even if one of the springs fails, the knife will still work.
The features include
* Reverse Curve Blade Shape
* Larger Sized Folder
* D2 Tool Steel Blade
* Machined G10 Handle Scales
This company believes in the principle of innovation. Just because something works, it does not mean that it cannot get better. Constant quality improvement is their motto. There have been several different versions since the first classic model. The improvements in the subsequent versions include narrow handles and better ergonomics. The blade is also thinner. This helps in removing the uncomfortable angles when the pocket knife is closed.
The compression lock and the four-way clip that is ambidextrous-friendly, help the tool to rest deeply in the pocket. The length of the blade’s tip is extended. It carries tip-up/tip-down, left/right-hand.